1. Joe's Car Shipping agrees to have vehicle(s) described on quotation shipped on or about the dates requested. Joe's Car Shipping does not guarantee a specific pickup or delivery date.
2. This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the Carrier’s bills of lading, copies of which are available at the office of the Carrier and are incorporated herein.
3. Carrier’s responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. Joe's Car Shipping must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and his agent must be designated at that time.
4. Joe's Car Shipping hereby notifies shipper that their vehicle will be driven on and off the transporter, or to and from the transporter at the pickup or delivery site. Should the carrier be unable to access either site, this does not relieve the consignee from making a reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location. In order to fully deliver your vehicle you must be willing to travel up to 5 miles from the designated pickup or delivery point.
5. Should delivery be attempted after attempted notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by shipper) and shipper or his agent does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) will be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of the carrier, where shipper will have to retrieve and pay for storage or redelivery fees.
6. Joe's Car Shipping does not guarantee transport by any specific driver/carrier.
7. If you are shipping an inoperable vehicle, you may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. Problems, such as but not limited to, a dead battery, bad alternator, loose cables, etc that makes the vehicle inoperable during transport may increase the transport price.
8. Joe's Car Shipping or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits Joe's Car Shipping or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknown to Joe's Car Shipping or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility or the shipper. Should damage occur in your car you will be subject to additional fees at the discretion of the transporting company. This is Federal Law and under no control of Joe's Car Shipping.
9. Joe's Car Shipping or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during vehicle transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons. Enclosed transport is available at a higher price if necessary to ensure the condition of the vehicle.
10. Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport, all loose parts fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shipper’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
11. If damage should occur, all moneys owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received the said vehicle in good condition, and that Joe's Car Shipping and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his agent MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
12. Joe's Car Shipping and its agents must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. Joe's Car Shipping will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will Joe's Car Shipping accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If your vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider OR pursue the enclosed transport option.
13. Shipper specifically waives any right to judicature of this matter at any other location. Joe's Car Shipping can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your quotation. In no case can Joe's Car Shipping be held liable for the designated carrier’s damage. Joe's Car Shipping will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise.
14. If you place an order with us, you have the option to cancel any time prior to your vehicle being assigned to a transporter.
15. Joe's Car Shipping is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. WE are responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation, who handles their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process your claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports. Joe's Car Shipping does not transport your vehicle or ensure it's transport. Joe's Car Shipping provides the services of finding a licensed (by the Dept. of Transportation) & insured (we call the insurance company of the Carrier prior to dispatching the order) Auto Transport Carrier and logistically bringing the Carrier and the Customer together.
16. Joe's Car Shipping will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities.
17. By submitting your order online, Joe's Car Shipping understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on Joe's Car Shipping web site. By giving your Credit Card information to one of our representatives to book your order with us, you are agreeing to all of these Terms & Conditions.
18. Customers must make their vehicle available during the transport time, if the vehicle becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been place and a carrier has been assigned, Joe's Car Shipping holds right to cancel the order with no refund.
Neither Joe's Car Shipping nor its agents shall be responsible for the following:
- Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore Joe's Car Shipping or its agents do not accept responsibility for them.
- Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
- Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition (suggests that they may be removed)
- Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
- Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
- Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-down holes.
- Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driver on or off the transport under its own power. (Vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system).